Wednesday 24 February 2010

The strength in family






When a family member dies, there's a RIDICULOUS number of decisions to be made but it's so much easier when you can discuss it as a family - especially when the departed is a parent.

I drew a lot of strength from being with my Brother and Sister at this time - we don't spend much time together normally, it's been nice to just be together joined in purpose and direction.

We've laughed together, cried together, taken care of business together, and that's been such a help. At times I felt sorry for my lovely wife, we were reminiscing about things that she had no knowledge of, but she has been my rock in the background, always there with plenty of hugs and words of love and support - I couldn't do this without her.

So I guess the message for today is love your family if you can and appreciate them if you can. There is an amazing strength in the love of a good family.

We'll need all the strength we can find on Monday, but thankfully even more of the family and friends will be there. We'll get through it.

Goodnight mum. Sleep well. We will always love you. We miss you dreadfully.

1 comment: